‘A kids fairy tale book’ for the famous classical music composer N. Skalkottas, an educational event in collaboration with the primary schools association and island of Evia prefecture.
Over 3500 primary school kids attended the event in total.
Dragging inspiration from the celebration of 110 years since the birth of Nikos Skalkottas, I created an interdisciplinary musical tale for children based on the musical personality of Nikos Skalkottas and the two kinds of music notation, the Byzantine writing music and Western music notation and the sounds that represent them.
A Different kind of Bridge is a different kind of musical tale based
- on the book ‘ Nikos Skalkottas a composer who wanted to be loved by the children,
- on the listening to music themes from works of Nikos Skalkottas and of Composers which he had studied their work
- the visual familiarity of writing music notation and western music notation, but also on the melodies of European music education, which had led him to compose new musical melodies
The interactive musical presentation of the fairy tale in the form of educational event includes
- Participatory narrative
- Active listening live music
- Free artistic representation of the sound events that take place during the development of the story based on the music notation,
-Visual representation of sound events that occur during the progression of the story
- Digital image viewing of western music notation
Purposed of the initiation of children into the world of music, but also in the concepts of musical genres, music and graphic notation, of the musical instruments and artistic currents, while looking forward to raising awareness on issues related to social solidarity and architectural history of a place through experiential participation.